Friday, July 4, 2008

New Job

As of July 21st, I am starting a new job with the law firm of Jackson Walker LLP. This is a large, Texas based law firm with offices in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Houston and, of all places, San Angelo.

The firm's managing parter is named Mike Wilson and he is from San Angelo as well. When I interviewed with him, I told him that San Angelo is something like a hometown to me because in the town of Rochelle, where I grew up, San Angelo was the nearest large town with a television station. With a large TV antennae stuck on the roof (or in the roof), we were able to get only one station clearly and that was Channel 8 out of San Angelo. I even told him that my Paw Paw had an unnatural fascination with local interview celebrity Pat Attebery (that's her on the right and she is, from all that I can tell, is still doing shows on the channel.)

I am very excited about going to work for Jackson Walker, or as they are known in the business: JW. I think that it is a wonderful opportunity for me.

No comments: